Best Practices and Tactics for Conducting an Internal Investigation in the COVID-19 Era
As the global economy struggles and companies continue to adapt to disruptions, organizations are facing an increased likelihood of whistleblower claims, bad behavior and market-facing allegations that require an internal investigation.
Senior leadership and boards of directors have a duty to conduct these sensitive investigations in an appropriate, defensible and timely manner, but as we’ve seen, unique challenges have arisen from this era of social-distancing protocols, travel restrictions and other safety measures.
Join us to hear from McDermott white collar lawyers about their recent experiences conducting internal investigations and related topics, such as:
• The current landscape for conducting an internal investigation, and heightened risk areas
• Tips for recognizing when your organization should retain independent counsel to conduct an investigation
• Tactics to use in the COVID-19 era while remaining compliant (e.g. , collection and preservation, documentation and interviews)
• The impact of parallel or potential government investigations
• Steps you can take now to prepare for an internal investigation
Your questions will help drive the Q&A portion of this webinar, so we encourage you to note in the "Questions & Comments" box areas in which you could use additional guidance.